Browned Butter Peach Layer Cake
Makes one 3-layer 8-inch cake, 12 servings
2 packages Proteinfull Baking Classic Yellow Cake Mix
1 1/3 cup water
6 large eggs, beaten
6 tablespoons browned butter (brown 1 stick of butter and let cool, then measure 6 tablespoons) how to brown butter
3 cups sliced peaches (fresh or frozen defrosted)
1/3 cup brown sugar erythritol
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
a sprinkle of stevia (optional)
Double recipe of our sugar free whipped cream.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (use an oven thermometer for best results). Line the bottom of three 8-inch round pans with parchment paper, then spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix with water, eggs, and browned butter. Mix just until no lumps remain.
- Divide the batter evenly into the three pans.
- Bake at 325°F for 26-30 minutes, and remove from oven as soon as a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool 10-15 minutes before removing them from the pans, then let cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Once the cakes are cool, mix the brown sugar erythritol, cinnamon, and stevia. Add peaches and mix until erythritol dissolves. Set aside.
- Prepare the whipped cream.
- Build the layer cake by placing one layer of cake and topping with 1/3 of the whipped cream + 1/2 cup chopped peaches. Repeat for middle layer.
- Place the top layer of cake, and top it with remaining whipped cream and peach slices.
- Enjoy! And store refrigerated.
Serving: 1/12 cake, Calories: 261, Fat: 16.5g, Chol: 150mg, Sodium: 312mg, Carbohydrates: 39g, Fiber: 8.5g, Sugar: 7g, Added Sugar: 2g, Erythritol: 22g, Protein: 15g, Net Carbs: 8g.
Let's get baking! Buy our Classic Yellow Protein Cake Mix to make this Browned Butter Peach Layer Cake.