Candy Corn Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
1 package Proteinfull Baking Classic Yellow Cake Mix, separated
3 1/2 tablespoons water
3 large eggs, separated
3 tablespoons oil or unsweetened applesauce, separated
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 cup carrot juice
Shown with our sugar free whipped cream.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (use an oven thermometer for best results). Set up paper cupcake liners in a 12-cavity cupcake pan, then spray the liners with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare 2/3 cup mix (loosely packed, 89g) with 1 large egg, 3 1/2 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon oil (or unsweetened applesauce) and 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric.
- Mix well and spoon about 1 tablespoon batter into each of the 12 cupcake liners.
- Bake for 8 minutes or just until the tops are firm.
- While that is baking, combine the remaining mix with 2 large eggs, 1/2 cup carrot juice, and 2 tablespoons oil (or unsweetened applesauce).
- Once the yellow layer is cooked, remove from oven and spoon about 2 tablespoons of this batter into each liner.
- Bake for about 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, and let cool completely before topping with whipped cream or frosting. Enjoy!
Nutrition (prepared with oil)
Serving: 1/12 recipe, unfrosted, Calories: 101, Fat: 6g, Chol: 54mg, Sodium: 159mg, Carbohydrates: 14g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 3g, Added Sugar: 1g, Erythritol: 7g, Protein: 8g, Net Carbs: 3g.
Nutrition (prepared with applesauce)
Serving: 1/12 recipe, unfrosted, Calories: 73, Fat: 2.2g, Chol: 54mg, Sodium: 159mg, Carbohydrates: 14.5g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 3g, Added Sugar: 1g, Erythritol: 7g, Protein: 8g, Net Carbs: 3.5g.
Let's get baking! Buy our Classic Yellow Protein Cake Mix to make these Candy Corn Cupcakes.