Makes one 3-layer 8-inch cake
2 packages Proteinfull Baking Classic Yellow Cake Mix
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
a pinch of ground cloves (or to taste)
1 cup water
6 large eggs, beaten
6 tablespoons oil or unsweetened applesauce
2 1/2 cups grated carrots (8-10 carrots)
4oz (1 cup) chopped pecans (and additional for garnish, if desired)
1/2 cup raisins
Shown here with our Cream Cheese Frosting recipe. Double the frosting recipe to make this 3-layer cake.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (use an oven thermometer for best results). Line the bottom of three 8-inch round pans with parchment paper, then spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix with spices, then add water, eggs, and oil (or applesauce). Mix just until no lumps remain.
- Fold in grated carrots.
- Fold in chopped pecans.
- Fold in raisins.
- Divide batter into the three pans.
- Bake at 325°F for 28-32 minutes, and remove from oven as soon as a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool 10-15 minutes before removing them from the pans, then let cool completely on a wire cooling rack before frosting.
- Once cakes are cool, prepare the frosting.
- Build the layer cake by placing and frosting each layer.
- Top with additional chopped pecans, if desired.
- Enjoy! And store refrigerated.
Nutrition (prepared with oil)
Serving: 1/16 frosted cake, Calories: 327, Fat: 24g, Chol: 113mg, Sodium: 304mg, Carbohydrates: 38g, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 8g, Added Sugar: 1.5g, Erythritol: 19.5g, Protein: 13.5g, Net Carbs: 11g.
Nutrition (prepared with applesauce)
Serving: 1/16 frosted cake, Calories: 290, Fat: 19g, Chol: 113mg, Sodium: 304mg, Carbohydrates: 40g, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 9.5g, Added Sugar: 1.5g, Erythritol: 19.5g, Protein: 13.5g, Net Carbs: 12g.
Let's get baking! Buy our Classic Yellow Protein Cake Mix to make this Carrot Cake.