Makes 12 cupcakes
1 package Proteinfull Baking Classic Yellow Protein Cake Mix
2/3 cup champagne (or your favorite bubbly, we used Prosecco in the photo)
3 large eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons oil or unsweetened applesauce
6 tablespoons butter (3/4 stick)
2 tablespoons vegetable shortening (we suggest Spectrum Organic)
1 tablespoon champagne
3/4 cup confectioners erythritol
- Preheat oven to 325°F (use an oven thermometer for best results). Set up paper cupcake liners in a 12-cavity cupcake pan, then spray the liners with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix with champagne, eggs, and oil (or applesauce). Mix just until no lumps remain.
- Bake at 325°F for 18-21 minutes. Remove from oven as soon as a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, begin to make the frosting by beating the butter, shortening, and champagne on medium high until smooth. Scrape down sides as necessary.
- Beat on low speed as you add the confectioners erythritol. Then beat on high until light and fluffy (a few minutes).
- Once the cupcakes are completely cooled, top with frosting and enjoy! Store leftovers refrigerated.
Nutrition (prepared with oil)
Serving: 1 frosted cupcake, Calories: 182, Fat: 13g, Chol: 70mg, Sodium: 156mg, Carbohydrates: 23g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 2g, Added Sugar: 1g, Erythritol: 16g, Protein: 7.5g, Net Carbs: 3g.
Nutrition (prepared with applesauce)
Serving: 1 frosted cupcake, Calories: 157, Fat: 9.5g, Chol: 70mg, Sodium: 156mg, Carbohydrates: 24g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 3g, Added Sugar: 1g, Erythritol: 16g, Protein: 7.5g, Net Carbs: 4g.
Let's get baking! Buy our Classic Yellow Protein Cake Mix to make these Champagne Cupcakes.