Cherry Crumble Cake
Makes one 8-inch cake, 6 servings
1 1/3 cup mix Proteinfull Baking Classic Yellow Cake Mix
1/2 cup water
2 large eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons oil or unsweetened applesauce
3 cups (420g) pitted cherries, fresh or frozen
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1/2 large lemon or 1 small lemon)
1/2 cup powdered erythritol
a sprinkle of stevia (optional, to taste)
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup granulated erythritol
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 325°F (use an oven thermometer for best results). Line the bottom of an 8-inch round pan with parchment paper, then spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix with water, eggs, and oil (or applesauce). Mix just until no lumps remain.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 28-32 minutes, and remove from oven as soon as a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool 10-15 minutes before removing it from the pan, then let cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
- In the meantime, prepare cherry topping by combining cherries and lemon juice in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add confectioners erythritol, and stir until it is combined well.
- Bring to a rolling boil, then set the timer for 10 minutes (15 if you used frozen cherries). Then remove from heat, add stevia, and let cool.
- Make the crumble topping by combining almond flour, erythritol, and cinnamon. Add butter, and combine with a fork. Set aside.
- Once cake and cherry topping are cool, line a sheet pan with foil and turn the broiler on.
- Place the cake on the foil-lined sheet pan, and use a slotted spoon to place the cherries on top. Add crumble topping, and broil for about 1 minute.
- Use remaining cherry liquid as topping, if desired.
- Enjoy! And store refrigerated.
Nutrition (prepared with oil)
Serving: 1/6 cake, Calories: 252, Fat: 14g, Chol: 81mg, Sodium: 207mg, Carbohydrates: 47g, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 11g, Added Sugar: 1g, Erythritol: 27g, Protein: 13g, Net Carbs: 12g.
Nutrition (prepared with applesauce)
Serving: 1/6 cake, Calories: 218, Fat: 9.5g, Chol: 81mg, Sodium: 207mg, Carbohydrates: 49g, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 12g, Added Sugar: 1g, Erythritol: 27g, Protein: 13g, Net Carbs: 13g.
Let's get baking! Buy our Classic Yellow Protein Cake Mix to make this Cherry Crumble Cake.