Chocolate Hazelnut Cake Balls
Makes 36 cake bites.
1 package Proteinfull Baking Velvety Chocolate Protein Cake Mix
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons oil (or unsweetened applesauce)
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup sugar free chocolate hazelnut spread (we used one from Pyure)
1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts
2oz sugar free chocolate (we used dark Lily's chips)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (use an oven thermometer for best results). Line an 8" round baking pan with parchment paper, then spray with non-stick cooking spray. (Cake can also be prepared as cupcakes, see package.)
- Combine cake mix with water, eggs, and oil (or applesauce). Mix just until no lumps remain.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- Break the cake up in a large bowl.
- Add chocolate hazelnut spread and combine well.
- Take a spoonful of cake mixture, place a whole hazelnut in the center, and roll into a ball. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and repeat with remaining cake mixture.
- Chop remaining hazelnuts and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate by microwaving at 15 second intervals, mixing in between.
- Drizzle melted on chocolate on cake balls and top with crushed hazelnuts. Place in the refrigerator to set.
- Enjoy! And store refrigerated.
Nutrition (prepared with oil)
Serving: 1/36 recipe, Calories: 67, Fat: 5g, Chol: 18mg, Sodium: 57mg, Carbohydrates: 8g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 1g, Added Sugar: 0.5g, Erythritol: 3g, Protein: 3g, Net Carbs: 1g.
Nutrition (prepared with applesauce)
Serving: 1/36 recipe, Calories: 57, Fat: 3g, Chol: 18mg, Sodium: 57mg, Carbohydrates: 8g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 1g, Added Sugar: 0.5g, Erythritol: 3g, Protein: 3g, Net Carbs: 2g.
Let's get baking! Buy our Velvety Chocolate Protein Cake mix to make these Chocolate Hazelnut Cake Balls.