Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Bites
Makes about 24 cake bites.
1 package Proteinfull Baking Velvety Chocolate Protein Cake Mix
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons oil (or unsweetened applesauce)
2/3 cup water
1 cup peanut butter, separated
4oz sugar free chocolate (we used a mix of milk and dark Lily's chips)
4 teaspoons refined coconut oil, separated
- Preheat oven to 325°F (use an oven thermometer for best results). Line a 13x9 baking pan with parchment paper, then spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix with water, eggs, and oil (or applesauce). Mix just until no lumps remain.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- Warm 1/2 cup peanut butter (30 seconds in the microwave) and pour over the cake. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to set.
- Use a 2" cookie cutter to cut the cake bites. Set back in the freezer while you prepare the coatings.
- Melt the chocolate by microwaving at 15 second intervals, mixing in between. Add 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, warm the remaining 1/2 cup peanut butter (30 seconds in the microwave). Add 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil and mix well.
- Dip each cake bite in chocolate or peanut butter coating, and set on a wire cooling rack or on parchment.
- Drizzle remaining chocolate and peanut butter over the tops, and place in the refrigerator to set.
- Enjoy! And store refrigerated.
Nutrition (prepared with oil)
Serving: 1/24 recipe, Calories: 141, Fat: 10g, Chol: 28mg, Sodium: 84mg, Carbohydrates: 12g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 2g, Added Sugar: 0.5g, Erythritol: 4.5g, Protein: 7g, Net Carbs: 3g.
Nutrition (prepared with applesauce)
Serving: 1/24 recipe, Calories: 126, Fat: 8.5g, Chol: 28mg, Sodium: 84mg, Carbohydrates: 12.5g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 2g, Added Sugar: 0.5g, Erythritol: 4.5g, Protein: 7g, Net Carbs: 4g.
Let's get baking! Buy our Velvety Chocolate Protein Cake mix to make these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Bites.