Cream Filled Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
One package Proteinfull Baking Velvety Chocolate Protein Cake Mix
2/3 cup water
3 large eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons oil or unsweetened applesauce
Cream filling and swirl topping ingredients:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup vegetable shortening we recommend organic shortening made from palm oil
1 cup confectioners erythritol, sifted
3 tablespoons milk any kind, we used almond milk
1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
One recipe Chocolate Buttercream.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (use an oven thermometer for best results). Set up paper cupcake liners in a 12-cavity cupcake pan, then spray the liners with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix with water, eggs, and oil (or applesauce). Mix just until no lumps remain.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners.
- Bake at 325°F for 18-21 minutes. Remove from oven as soon as a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, begin making the cream filling by beating the butter and shortening until combined.
- Add confectioners erythritol and milk, and beat until light and fluffy (a few minutes).
- Set up a large piping tip with a large, smooth opening in a piping bag. Spoon cream filling into the piping bag, and twist the top of the piping bag to get ready to use.
- Insert the piping tip into the cupcake as shown, as squeeze gently. Remove the piping tip from the cupcake, and repeat for the remaining cupcakes.
- Transfer remaining cream filling into a piping bag with a small piping tip to make the swirls, and set aside.
- Prepare the chocolate buttercream, and top the cupcakes with a thin layer.
- Use the remaining cream filling to make the swirls on top of the cupcakes.
- Enjoy! And store refrigerated.
Nutrition (prepared with oil)
Serving: 1/12 recipe, Calories: 270, Fat: 23g, Chol: 84mg, Sodium: 168mg, Carbohydrates: 33g, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 2g, Added Sugar: 1g, Erythritol: 23g, Protein: 8g, Net Carbs: 3g.
Nutrition (prepared with applesauce)
Serving: 1/12 recipe, Calories: 242, Fat: 19g, Chol: 84mg, Sodium: 168mg, Carbohydrates: 33g, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 2.5g, Added Sugar: 1g, Erythritol: 23g, Protein: 8g, Net Carbs: 4g.
Let's get baking! Buy our Velvety Chocolate Protein Cake mix to make these Cream Filled Cupcakes.