Lemon Iced Bundt Cake
Makes 6 servings using a 6-cup Bundt pan.
One package Proteinfull Baking Classic Yellow Cake Mix
3 large eggs, beaten (there is an egg-white sub on the package)
3 tablespoons oil or unsweetened applesauce
⅔ cup water
½ cup confectioners erythritol
1 teaspoon lemon zest (zest of one small lemon)
2½ tablespoons water (add gradually, you may need slightly more or less)
- Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- Combine cake mix with eggs, oil (or applesauce), and water. Mix just until no lumps remain.
- Spray 6-cup bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Spray generously, but not so much that there are pools of oil on the bottom.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes, just until the cake is fully cooked and the top is firm (and a toothpick comes out clean).
- Let cool for about 10 minutes. Then use a narrow silicone spatula to separate the cake from the pan, and turn the cake onto a plate.
- Let the cake cool completely.
- Make the icing by mixing the confectioners erythritol, lemon zest, and 2 tablespoons water to start. Mix well, and see if you need the other ½ tablespoon water (or more) to get the thickness you desire.
- Drizzle icing on cool cake, and enjoy! Store refrigerated.
Let's get baking! Buy our Classic Yellow Protein Cake Mix to make this Lemon Iced Bundt Cake.