Pumpkin Pecan Cake
Makes 6 servings using a 6-cup Bundt pan.
One package Proteinfull Baking Classic Yellow Cake Mix
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
a pinch of ginger
a pinch of cloves
⅔ cup water
3 large egg whites
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup chopped pecans (plus extra for garnish, if desired)
Shown here with the caramel sauce from our Salted Caramel Mile High Cake.
- Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- Combine cake mix with spices, and mix well.
- Add water, egg whites, and pumpkin. Mix just until no lumps remain.
- Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Spray 6-cup bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Spray generously, but not so much that there are pools of oil on the bottom.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes, just until the cake is fully cooked and the top is firm (and a toothpick comes out clean).
- Let cool for about 10 minutes. Then use a narrow silicone spatula to separate the cake from the pan, and turn the cake onto a plate.
- Let the cake cool completely.
- Top with caramel sauce and chopped pecans (if desired), and enjoy! Store refrigerated.
Serving: 1/6 recipe, Calories: 152, Fat: 8g, Chol: 15mg, Sodium: 299mg, Carbohydrates: 30g, Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 5g, Added Sugar: 3g, Erythritol: 14g, Protein: 15g, Net Carbs: 6.5g.
Let's get baking! Buy our Classic Yellow Protein Cake Mix to make this Pumpkin Pecan Cake.