Strawberries and Cream Layer Cake
Makes one 3-layer 8-inch cake
2 packages Proteinfull Baking Classic Yellow Cake Mix
1 1/3 cup water
6 large eggs, beaten
6 tablespoons oil or unsweetened applesauce
Double recipe of our sugar free whipped cream.
1 cup chopped strawberries (for between the layers)
1-2 cups strawberry halves (for the top of the cake)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (use an oven thermometer for best results). Line the bottom of three 8-inch round pans with parchment paper, then spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix with water, eggs, and oil (or applesauce). Mix just until no lumps remain.
- Divide the batter evenly into the three pans.
- Bake at 325°F for 26-30 minutes, and remove from oven as soon as a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool 10-15 minutes before removing them from the pans, then let cool completely on a wire cooling rack before topping with whipped cream.
- Once the cakes are cool, prepare the whipped cream.
- Build the layer cake by placing one layer or cake and topping with 1/3 of the whipped cream + 1/2 cup chopped strawberries. Repeat for middle layer.
- Place the top layer of cake, and top it with remaining whipped cream and strawberry halves.
- Enjoy! And store refrigerated.
Let's get baking! Buy our Classic Yellow Protein Cake Mix to make this Strawberries and Cream Layer Cake.